COVID-19 Adoption Procedures
Please note: Under these unique CODID-19 circumstances we continue to work to get our homeless animals into their forever homes as fairly as possible. We hope you will understand as we continue to modify our operations to adopt.
The following is our appointment only adoption process.
- Review our adoptable animals page to see who may be a good fit for your family.
- Complete the online application.
- Once you have submitted your application it will be reviewed and you will be notified if chosen to set up an appointment.
- In order to ensure proper social distancing and safety no more than 2 people at a time can meet the pet and everyone must wear a face mask. If multiple family members are present we will rotate them in until everyone has met the pet.
We are open by appointment only. We encourage you fill out an application for potential adoption to be pre-approved and expedite the process. When you are shown the animals, you can request to see all available animals.
Click on the animal’s picture and a larger picture of that animal will appear. Click on the orange box under its picture. A page will come up “Petango”. This is our application. The application can only be completed from a computer or mobile phone.
If you are interested in more than one animal, you do not have to fill out duplicate applications. Fill out an application for one, then please send an email to email@example.com
In the subject area of the email, please write, “Application on file”. In the email itself, tell us which animal you filled out the application for, and then name the others that you are also interested in meeting. Please write the names of 1 or 2 that are your first and second choices.
You can also fill out an application at the shelter during OPEN hours (listed on our website).
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Please know that, like many organizations, we are extremely short staffed and doing our best to accommodate everyone.
- An application along with identification with a current address is needed before an adoption can be completed. If you are living in a new residence, a current utility bill will be accepted.
- All members of the household must be present before an adoption may be completed. Household members do not all need to be present at the same time; however, we must have it on file that they have recently visited P.A.W.S. and agree to an adoption.
- If you are living in a condominium or rental, a copy of your lease/bylaws are needed at the time of adoption to show that pets are allowed at your residence.
- Have proof of vaccines, heart worm test & spay/neuter for any other pets in the home.
P.A.W.S. reserves the right to refuse any adoption. All adoptions are limited to a 50 mile radius of the shelter.
- Kittens (6 months and under): $125
- Cats (over 6 months): $65
- Senior cats (over 7 years): $25
- Puppies (6 months and under): $275
- Dogs (over 6 months): $250
- Senior Dogs (over 7 years): $125
Adoption fees include the following:
- Microchipping (Avid Chip registration or 24 hour Petwatch registration)
- Rabies shots (animals 4 months and older)
- Feline leukemia/FIV testing (cats)
- Heartworm testing (dogs)
- Cat carrier box
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.