COVID-19 Adoption Procedures
Please note: We currently have more adopters than pets available. We are working with resources to get more homeless animals into our shelter. Due to this high demand we hope you will understand as we continue to modify our operations to adopt. Under these unique CODID-19 circumstances we continue to work to get our homeless animals into their forever homes as fairly as possible. Thank you for understanding.
The following is our appointment only adoption process.
- Review our adoptable animals page to see who may be a good fit for your family.
- Complete the online application below and submit your completed application to email@example.com. If you do not have access to a computer you may come to the shelter and complete one there.
- Once you have submitted your application it will be reviewed and you will be notified if chosen to set up an appointment.
- In order to ensure proper social distancing and safety no more than 2 people at a time can meet the pet and everyone must wear a face mask. If multiple family members are present we will rotate them in until everyone has met the pet.
- An application along with identification with a current address is needed before an adoption can be completed. If you are living in a new residence, a current utility bill will be accepted.
- All members of the household must be present before an adoption may be completed. Household members do not all need to be present at the same time; however, we must have it on file that they have recently visited P.A.W.S. and agree to an adoption.
- If you are living in a condominium or rental, a copy of your lease/bylaws are needed at the time of adoption to show that pets are allowed at your residence.
P.A.W.S. reserves the right to refuse any adoption. All adoptions are limited to a 50 mile radius of the shelter.
- Kittens (6 months and under): $125
- Cats (over 6 months): $65
- Senior cats (over 7 years): $25
- Puppies (6 months and under): $275
- Dogs (over 6 months): $250
- Senior Dogs (over 7 years): $125
Adoption fees include the following:
- Microchipping (Avid Chip registration or 24 hour Petwatch registration)
- Rabies shots (animals 4 months and older)
- Feline leukemia/FIV testing (cats)
- Heartworm testing (dogs)
- Cat carrier box
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please click on the application button below. Applications should be submitted online to email@example.com or dropped off at the shelter during open hours.